Saturday, March 29, 2014

V.O. Chidambaranar Port Trust registers impressive growth in cargo throughput

Source: VOC Port

Registering a positive trend in cargo throughput year after year, V.O.Chidambaranar Port, Tuticorin, one of the fast growing Union government-controlled ports in Tamil Nadu, has handled all-time record cargo traffic of 282.61 Lakh Tonnes (as on March 28) in 2013-14 period, surpassing the previous year’s achievement of 282.60 lakh Tonnes.

According to Port sources, during the same period last year, VOC Port had handled 278.78 lakh Tonnes of cargo.
In terms of container handling for the period, the Port had handled 5,02,500 TEUs, surpassing the previous year’s achievement of 4,75,599 TEUs. During the same period last year, the Port had handled 4,68,937 TEUs registering a growth rate of 7.16%.
It is worth a mention here that the Port had crossed the target of five lakh TEUs fixed by Ministry of Shipping for the Financial year 2013-14, three days in advance.
During the financial year 2013-14, Industrial Coal, Rock Phosphate, Pet Coke and containerized cargo have shown positive trends in imports and Garnet Sand, Gypsum, Phosphoric Acid were promising in terms of Export cargo.
Commenting on the achievement, Mr S. Anantha Chandra Bose, Chairman, V.O. Chidambaranar Port Trust, thanked all the stake holders viz, port users, vessel operators, the container terminal, the officers and the staff of V.O.Chidambaranar Port for achieving the record performance.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I do think this is an excellent website. I stumbledupon it
    ;) I may revisit yet aggain since I saved as a favorite it.
    Mooney and freedom is the greatest way to change, mayy you
    bee rich and continue to help other people.

    my blog Dr Dre Beats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic however I'd figured I'd ask.
    Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest writing a blog post
    or vice-versa? My website goes over a lot of the same topics as yours and I
    feel we could greatly benefit from each other. If you happen to be interested feel free to shoot me an e-mail.
    I look forward to hearing from you! Great blog
    by the way!

    my web page - basement renovation ideas (http://www.homeimprovementdaily.com/)

    ReplyDelete

Tamil Guardian VIEW: Take Gotabaya Rajapaksa to The Hague

URL:  https://www.tamilguardian.com/content/tg-view-take-him-hague Amidst a whirlwind week in Sri Lankan politics, Gotabaya Rajapaksa has re...